Drop me a line!
Charles Everett Wainwright
Topsfield, MA 01983
My career is focused on the Information Technology industry, and I have benefited greatly by participating in its evolution. Most recently, I co-led the development of a practice-based framework for IT business transformation and service management.
Management Consultant, Computer Sciences Corporation, Falls Church, VA 1992-2014
IBM Rational Method Composer, Dreamweaver, ASG Visual Process, Jive, Skillsoft
- 2005-2014, Corporate Catalyst Program, CSC Falls Church, VA.
- Recast CSC’s life-cycle framework for business change, CSC Catalystsm, from a process-based knowledge repository to a practice-based knowledge framework (as proposed by Ivar Jacobson) encompassing CSC’s consulting, systems integration, and service management practices. The framework, implemented as a presentation layer in Jive or Rational Method Composer (RMC), linked to sanctioned CSC knowledge sources, arranged according to standard information needs.
- Participated in the development of CSC’s Offering Lifecycle Management repository to manage its internal portfolio of client offerings.
- Launched and managed the Catalyst Virtual Academy (CVA), a corporate global learning program that trained CSC staff on best practices over the Internet using live instructors. CVA provided classroom and virtual training to over 40,000 CSC staff in 43 countries using over 200 volunteer instructors.
- Launched and managed the Global Catalyst Network, a global network of about 50 CSC staff who served as local subject matter experts on the Catalyst framework in proposals, engagements, and audits.
- Co-authored a paper “Corporate Training Dynamics and Insights” that described the application of system dynamics techniques to the management of the Catalyst Virtual Academy at CSC. The paper was presented at the 31st Conference of the System Dynamics Society held in Cambridge, MA in July, 2013.
- Guided the development of the Catalyst Knowledge Center CSC's best-practice knowledge repository.
- Aligned CSC’s change management practices with the Accelerated Implementation Method (AIM) from Implementation Management Associates (IMA). And GE’s Six Sigma Change Acceleration Process.
- Aligned CSC’s service management practices with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) 2011 process framework standards.
- Aligned CSC’s project and program management practices with the Capability Maturity Model, Integrated (CMMI).
- Audited a major reengineering effort at the National Health Service in UK and India.
- Trained CSC best practice to staff at CSC's offices in Malaysia, Singapore, and Brazil.
- Developed project management and architecture competency development paths for CSC staff. CVA training was a key contributing component. Established Professional Development Unit (PDU) accreditation for several Catalyst Virtual Academy courses within the Project Management Institute's (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification program.
- Presented at CSC's Technology and Business Solutions and Sales Conference as a presenter or attendee annually.
- 1996-2005, IT Capability Improvement Practice, CSC, Falls Church, VA
- 2002-1004 Consulting assignment at a national waste management company seeking to implement GPS and RFID control of their trucks and containers.
- 1996-2002 Consulting Assignment at the Internal Revenue Service to support agency wide reengineering of its operations using Catalyst (licensed and renamed Enterprise Life Cycle or ELC).
- Tailored ELC to reflect the requirements of the Department of the Treasury.
- Developed and delivered ELC training to approximately 1200 CSC and IRS staff.
- Developed a practice guide for the IRS to transition newly developed application components to production.
- Engaged in global client assignments/proposals, involving process consulting, delivery assurance and Catalyst licensing.
- Trained client and CSC staff as needed in Catalyst's best practices.
- Delivered live SAP Customer Relationship Management training virtually to over 350 CSC Business Developers, Account Managers and senior executives in support of CSC’s implementation of SAP as its CRM framework.
- 1992-1996, CSC National Consulting Practice, CSC, Waltham MA
- Responsible for the global deployment of CSC Catalyst
- Deployed CSC Catalyst practices to staff and clients located in US, Europe and Australia through training, coaching and mentoring of CSC's consultants.
- Organized and managed a global CSC Catalyst Deployment team, consisting of about 35 representatives from all CSC Business Units in countries where CSC had offices.
- Assessed CSC Catalyst utilization throughout Europe, including audits at licensed Catalyst client locations.
- Delivered training in CSC Catalyst to new IT staff as needed.
Management Consultant, Constell Group, Southborough, MA 1991-1992
- Consulted as re-engineering specialist on an engagement initiated by NYNEX (now Verizon) to reverse-engineer its 1960’s era customer billing system.
Management Consultant, Advanced Development Methods, Lexington, MA 1989-1991
- Consulted with and trained clients using ADM's proprietary project lifecycle methodology called Methods and Tools Expert (MATE).
Application Development Manager, Saddlebrook Corp., Cambridge, MA 1978-1989
- Designed and built software solutions to automate the banking-floor, including Mortgage Loan Accounting and retail account transaction processing (savings, checking, loan) systems.
Previous Junior Technical Positions 1970-1978
Web Site Development and Management
Local History, Archives and Records Management
Salem State UniversitySalem, MA 2010-Present
Currently enrolled in the Bachelor of Arts degree program in History with Public Option.
Bryant & Stratton Junior College of Business, Boston, MA 1968-1970
Certificate in Scientific Data Processing, Dean's list.